Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reach for the stars!


Its good to set goals

Throughout this entire process I've been keeping a "to do list/set of goals."  It has helped me stay focused (for the most part) and has pushed me forward.  Unfortunately, my process has been slowed down a bit because one of our cats destroyed my mouse.  He chewed right through the wiring and the touchpad on my laptop hasn't worked properly since I got the computer.  So anyway, now that I've completely been sidetracked, I'll return to the subject.


Returning to the World of Warcraft

Its looking like I won't be able to get enough money for a game card until around the end of September or the beginning of October.  Until then, I can at least do some planning and set some goals.  I've been giving some thought to what character race and class I want to start out with.  I'll be starting brand new characters on Blackhand-US when I return.  Hopefully, in the future I'll be able to faction change and transfer my level 80 huntress over and possibly my level 63 priest.  I also have some other characters; a level 55 warrior, level 43 druid, and a level 30 mage.  All of these characters were Alliance though and as I'm planning on going Horde, I'll likely not be transferring them.

I'm thinking about starting with a Blood Elf Hunter and an Orc Deathknight.  I'm choosing a Deathknight mainly because they're the quickest way to make some money early on and I'll need that gold to get the guild underway.  Instead of starting other races for my beginner characters, I'm picking a Blood Elf because their starting area will likely be less affected by the changes coming in Cataclysm.  I want to wait until Cataclysm before having any Trolls, Taurens, Undead, and of course, Goblins.   


Recruitment

Having the guild begun, I can now start recruitment.  I plan on using a few different methods to recruit the guild's officers and members.  I will post on a large number of WoW-related forums (class forums as well as general forums), including the official Horde recruitment forums and the official Blackhand-US forums.  I also plan on making a couple recruitment videos; one to specifically recruit officers and one to recruit the general membership.  I will also be recruiting while in-game, using the guild recruitment, trade, and general channels. 

I've never made a recruitment video and as such, I've looked into the program(s) needed as well as researched the recruitment videos of other guilds.  Sony Vegas seems to be the most recommended program to edit and create the videos and Fraps is the best program to use in order to capture video from the game.  I've found some freely distributed music to use for the video also.


Dark Council Short Term Goals

Once the officers have been recruited, we can begin expanding the guild.  Holding a meeting over imVox once a week as well as posting on the guild forums, should help us get organized.  Some of the things we will need to decide on are:
  • What kind of loot system we would like to use,
  • Which guild website hosting service we want to use (I've narrowed it down to three that I prefer),
  • How many members we would like to have in total (I'm thinking 100 to 150), 
  • How long will the trial membership be for regular members (I'm thinking 2 weeks), 
  • And how long the trial period should be for raiders (I'm thinking a month). 
 I can't wait to get this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment